Call us on: 07961053907

A leading provider of car and van Contract Hire and Leasing in Suffolk, Essex, Norfolk, Cambridgeshire and Nationwide.

Driving in the EU after 'EU Exit'

The BVRLA has updated its guidance on driving in the EU following enquiries from members who were unsure about the status of UK drivers and vehicles and the documentation required after EU Exit and during the following transition period. 

Overview of driving licence and vehicle document requirements for the UK leaving the EU. 

Following the UK's scheduled departure from the European Union on 31st January, the country will enter a ‘transition period’ during which current rules and arrangements will continue to apply for the remainder of 2020. However, any future requirements beyond 2020 will be dependent on the nature of any UK-EU trade deal. 

The transition period is expected to end on 31st December 2020, it will be important to ensure the correct documentation is carried by UK residents driving in EU and EEA countries. For example, an International Drivers Permit (IDP) in addition to your UK driving licence may be required to drive in some EU and EEA countries. To check the country you or your customer is visiting the GOV.UK website provides a list. 

Where a vehicle is hired or leased a Vehicle on Hire certificate (VE103), which is required today, will be even more important. Further information on the Vehicle on Hire certificate is available here

To find out more click this link 

Article courtesy of 

Share this page Post this page to facebookTweet this pagePost this page to LinkedinPin page

4th of March 2020