ALMOST 90% of vans stolen and recovered by Tracker last year were taken without the owner’s keys. This was up from 82% the previous year, as van theft and its financial consequences continue to plague businesses. Once again, the Ford Transit was the most stolen and recovered van, followed by the Mercedes-Benz Sprinter. Here’s five ways to keeping your van secure:
1. Lock and key: use additional deadlocks and steel-clad locks, as standard locks are easy for thieves to pick. Slam locks ensure a door locks every time it’s closed – ideal for quick stops.
2. Reinforce doors: Stop thieves prising open sliding doors by adding an extra lock at the top or reinforcing the top of the doors.
3. Alarms: add extra alarms to vans and use immobilisers to stop thieves, even if they do manage to break in.
4. Store tools securely: make sure tools are removed from vans overnight and lock them in a secure storage box in a garage or building.
5. Track it: Install a tracking device to help police recover a stolen van and close the net on thieves.
Clive Wain, Head of Police Liaison at Tracker, said: “In 2018, our analysis shows that nearly half a million pounds worth of vans were stolen and recovered by us. Keyless entry technology is becoming the norm in the LCV market, but thieves are constantly finding new ways to exploit weaknesses in modern security systems, which is leading to a rise in van thefts. “SMEs need to think about protecting their vans because that ultimately protects their bottom line. Don’t just rely on the security technology that comes as standard with a new van, take additional steps to deter criminals from stealing your livelihood.
Article courtes of www.businessvans.co.uk
Email : email@example.com
Telephone : 07961053907
Company Address :
Howlett of Lavenham T/A Howlett Leasing are a credit broker and not a lender, we are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered No : 686251
Data Protection No : Z9768973 | VAT No : 299956467
Disclaimer: All vehicle images and descriptions are for illustration and reference purposes only, all vehicle leases are subject to credit approval and subject to change at any time. E&OE.
Copyright © 2021 Howlett Leasing, All rights reserved.
Powered by CALAS